Monday, January 10, 2011

Beach Body

The scene:
I am feeling so good about my weight loss as I relax on the beach front resort of our hotel in Pompano Beach , Florida. As a side story- this was an older resort , fabulous location, Tiki bar, pool, beach, on it’s way out ,soon to be purchased to build mega condos- we were so lucky to find a super deal price and enjoy a fab week)
Wearing my new black tank top and skirted bottom I was feeling great until…
A really beautiful woman and her man strode onto the beach. She laughed and flirted wearing a bikini and a cowboy hat. She and her man who was totally awed by her played and frolicked and laughed in the water.
She was beautiful. Her body was beautiful
Yes, she was fifty pounds overweight but it did not show in her love of life.
She was confidence
She was attitude
She was what I was missing.
She was my cowgirl.
And so , I went shopping and I bought my very first bikini!!!
Yes I wore it in Florida…it felt fabulous…and no, never in New England, but that’s another hurdle.
But my my cowgirl taught me so much. Whenever I am feeling low, I think of her and remember the attitude. What a fabulous way to experience life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment