Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome!

Hi, my name is Jude.
I started this blog in hopes of starting lots of conversations about health, weight loss and weight gain, self esteem , and the power of sharing.

In 2005, I joined weight Watchers and lost 10 lbs - seven times.

If anyone had told me I would lose 70 lbs I would have laughed in their face. I had only planned on losing 10. It took me 16 months. I also became a weight Watcher Leader, working with a truly dedicated group of women. All leaders must have lost weight thru weight watchers- to live it and share it. I have learned from them but I have learned more thru the inspirational members in my meetings. And we share- I have gained up to 10 lbs and struggled to lose it, weighing in for my group.
Weight watchers is not the only successful diet, but it works for me and it makes sense.
This is not a weightwatchers site- it is just me sharing my feelings and looking forward to hearing from you because sharing feelings is one reason it works.
Finding out I was not alone, that others have had some of the same emotions…
My truth began when I had lost some weight but not a lot. I shared the loss with a thin friend who was visiting my husband and me. She was interested in sharing the info with her sister who had gained weight. In the conversation she asked why I had gained the weight. As I paused to think about a question that had never been asked of me, my husband answered for me, “She always used to eat the leftovers after dinner when she was cleaning the kitchen.” Several things happened at that moment. I was so embarrassed that he had seen me eating the leftovers. I thought I had been so careful. I felt horrible, I wanted to crawl under the covers and cry. But I also recognized wow I did do that and once it was said out loud, I needed to face the truth and stop sneaking food.
So that is one truth- I have many more to share.
I welcome your questions and comments. Feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment