Monday, January 10, 2011

The road to 60!

At 59 I felt total panic about turning 60 in 3 months
My husband suggested parachuting…yeah this woman is not jumping out of a plane.
My son Tom suggested competing in a triathlon….and so the training began…after 3 weeks I began to think that jumping out of plane would be a whole lot easier. In between work, a travel vacation, and life in general, I began training for a Title 9 tri.
One quarter mile swim, 10 mile bike and 5K run.
I was able to swim during vacation, but for the balance of the training, I worked the rowing machine at the gym.
My son bought me Bike shorts for may birthday and arranged a bike rental so that he and my daughter in law Lorin could ride with me on a training ride.
With four weeks to go after all the help, I ran and rowed and biked …

1 comment: